Wow, I haven’t wrote anything for this blog in a long time! I’ve been quite busy with personal things and acquainting myself with new people, so unfortunately I haven’t been able to stop and write anything new. I haven’t even gotten around to writing a full review of HHN 27 (and I know I owe part 3 of my HHN 26 review, which I still having sitting in my drafts), but I promise I will begin writing it when the time is right. Of course, I don’t want my blog to just be about Halloween Horror Nights, so I’ve got a whole slew of article ideas sitting in my phone at the moment, including a retrospective of an obscure Broadway musical from the 1980s about Raggedy Ann that I’d say is about 75% done. So stay tuned, because I’m not abandoning this blog anytime soon!
I will never forget the look in his eyes.
I feel like I haven’t properly introduced myself to the readers of this blog yet, so I’ve gone ahead and answered a ‘get to know me’ tag I’ve seen floating around the web!
- Do you have a middle name? Yup, it’s Marie, after my dad’s mother who unfortunately passed away when he was little.
- What was your favorite subject in school? I loved taking Zoology and Marine Science in high school. I was initially really nervous about Zoology since we dissected animals in that class, but shockingly enough I adjusted to the hands-on study pretty fast. I also liked English (I had honors classes for the entirety of high school) and the Drama classes I had in middle school.
- What’s your favorite drink? Double Chocolatey Chip frappucino from Starbucks.
- What’s your favorite song atm? “City of Stars” from La La Land!
- What would you name your children? I’m not keen on having children in my future, but I do love the names Lilly, Vincent, Isabella, and Finn.
- Do you participate in any sports? No, and I’m not sure if dance would count. I have seven years experience in ballet, tap, musical theatre, and hip hop under my belt.
- What’s your favorite book? The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It sparked a love for magical realistic fiction and the world-building and character development is just INCREDIBLE.
- What’s your favorite color? Ah, the dreaded question. I like shades of pink, blue, and purple.
- What’s your favorite animal? GIRAFFES.
- What’s your favorite perfume? There was this Vampire themed perfume made to bank on the Twilight obsession that I absolutely loved, but I’m not sure if it’s still around. I also like Daisy by Marc Jacobs and La vie est belle by Lancome.
- What’s your favorite holiday? Halloween, of course!
- Have you graduated from high school? Yup. Class of 2015.
- Have you been out of the country? Sadly no.
- Do you speak any other languages? No, but I’m always up for learning Swedish or Japanese.
- Do you have any siblings? Yes! My thirteen year old brother, Zackary.
- What’s your favorite store? Hot Topic (yeah, I still get clothes from there occasionally), Forever 21, Wet Seal, and Buckle… even though I don’t own anything from Buckle, lol.
- What’s your favorite restaurant? Johnny Rocket’s and Outback Steakhouse. Oh, and Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen, if that counts!
- Do you like school? I’m not in school at the moment, but I will say that school was a nightmare for me. I was constantly bullied by both teachers and students for being ‘too eccentric’ I guess and I didn’t have many friends. I liked going to learn.
- What are some of your favorite YouTubers? Glam&Gore, NikkieTutorials, Kelly Eden, grav3yardgirl, Cherry Dollface, and Exit Stage Left (YouTube channel of opera singer Tamara Wilson).
- What’s your favorite movie? Too many to list! Moulin Rouge, The Company of Wolves, Black Swan, The Fall, What We Do in the Shadows, Legend, and Labyrinth are my all-time favorites.
- What are some of your favorite TV shows? American Horror Story, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and Face Off.
- PC or Mac? I’ve been using PCs all my life, so I suppose PC. But one of my biggest dreams is to own a MacBook Air.
- What phone do you have? iPhone 6 in black… I dunno the exact color name.
- How tall are you? 5’6″, last time I checked lol.
- Do you have any pets? Misty, my Cavachon puppy! She turns a year old on March 31st. 🙂
When I woke up earlier this afternoon, I checked my phone to see that some of my friends in a group chat I’m in were talking about a recent event that they considered to be ‘one of the worst things to ever happen in 2016’. My heart immediately dropped to my stomach as I was instantly reminded of what happened to Carrie Fisher last week; she had a heart attack on a flight back from London and was reported to be in critical (later stable) condition. I seriously thought that she would make it out all right, knowing that she had survived plenty throughout her life. But when I Googled Carrie’s name, my suspicions and fear were proven to be true. Today, we lost a Star Wars legend, a hilarious comedienne, a witty writer, and most importantly, an inspiration.