Much fun was had at Spooky Empire Retro this past weekend! Read my trip report for the details.
Recently, I have made the decision to purchase all cruelty-free products (this includes not just makeup, but also hair and skin products). Animal testing is unfortunately still a standard practice used by very well-known brands, including Maybelline, Suave, and Benefit, to name a few of the brands I have decided to stop using. While it will take a bit of patience and time to completely replace whatever non cruelty-free products I have, here’s a few of my cruelty-free favorites that I already own.
Dark retellings of classic fairytales may currently be all the rage, but there’s one story that rivals among them all. Sound Horizon’s seventh story album Märchen (German for fairytale) is a unique experience that combines some of your favorite fairytales (and some you may not know about), the Seven Deadly Sins, and the struggle between impulse and rationality into a new tale of revenge and retribution.
Now, let the stage play of revenge begin!
I feel like I haven’t properly introduced myself to the readers of this blog yet, so I’ve gone ahead and answered a ‘get to know me’ tag I’ve seen floating around the web!
- Do you have a middle name? Yup, it’s Marie, after my dad’s mother who unfortunately passed away when he was little.
- What was your favorite subject in school? I loved taking Zoology and Marine Science in high school. I was initially really nervous about Zoology since we dissected animals in that class, but shockingly enough I adjusted to the hands-on study pretty fast. I also liked English (I had honors classes for the entirety of high school) and the Drama classes I had in middle school.
- What’s your favorite drink? Double Chocolatey Chip frappucino from Starbucks.
- What’s your favorite song atm? “City of Stars” from La La Land!
- What would you name your children? I’m not keen on having children in my future, but I do love the names Lilly, Vincent, Isabella, and Finn.
- Do you participate in any sports? No, and I’m not sure if dance would count. I have seven years experience in ballet, tap, musical theatre, and hip hop under my belt.
- What’s your favorite book? The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It sparked a love for magical realistic fiction and the world-building and character development is just INCREDIBLE.
- What’s your favorite color? Ah, the dreaded question. I like shades of pink, blue, and purple.
- What’s your favorite animal? GIRAFFES.
- What’s your favorite perfume? There was this Vampire themed perfume made to bank on the Twilight obsession that I absolutely loved, but I’m not sure if it’s still around. I also like Daisy by Marc Jacobs and La vie est belle by Lancome.
- What’s your favorite holiday? Halloween, of course!
- Have you graduated from high school? Yup. Class of 2015.
- Have you been out of the country? Sadly no.
- Do you speak any other languages? No, but I’m always up for learning Swedish or Japanese.
- Do you have any siblings? Yes! My thirteen year old brother, Zackary.
- What’s your favorite store? Hot Topic (yeah, I still get clothes from there occasionally), Forever 21, Wet Seal, and Buckle… even though I don’t own anything from Buckle, lol.
- What’s your favorite restaurant? Johnny Rocket’s and Outback Steakhouse. Oh, and Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen, if that counts!
- Do you like school? I’m not in school at the moment, but I will say that school was a nightmare for me. I was constantly bullied by both teachers and students for being ‘too eccentric’ I guess and I didn’t have many friends. I liked going to learn.
- What are some of your favorite YouTubers? Glam&Gore, NikkieTutorials, Kelly Eden, grav3yardgirl, Cherry Dollface, and Exit Stage Left (YouTube channel of opera singer Tamara Wilson).
- What’s your favorite movie? Too many to list! Moulin Rouge, The Company of Wolves, Black Swan, The Fall, What We Do in the Shadows, Legend, and Labyrinth are my all-time favorites.
- What are some of your favorite TV shows? American Horror Story, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and Face Off.
- PC or Mac? I’ve been using PCs all my life, so I suppose PC. But one of my biggest dreams is to own a MacBook Air.
- What phone do you have? iPhone 6 in black… I dunno the exact color name.
- How tall are you? 5’6″, last time I checked lol.
- Do you have any pets? Misty, my Cavachon puppy! She turns a year old on March 31st. 🙂
Ahh, Valentine’s Day. The overly-commercialized holiday when hearts of pink and white are everywhere and giant, two-foot-tall teddy bears lay in the aisles of Walmart. I’m not the kind of person who’s keen on romance, or romantic films for that matter, but today I got the chance to see a film that’s been sweeping award ceremonies and earning praises from critics and musical lovers alike: La La Land.
Warning: That be spoilers ahead.
What’s it like working as a haunted house attendant at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights? In this Throwback Thursday, I elaborate upon I spent my haunt season rubbing shoulders with Michael Myers and working at the nation’s premier Halloween event.
Syfy’s Face Off recently did a Monster High themed challenge! Being a huge fan of the Monster High franchise, I weigh in on the seven looks featured in the new episode.